Overview of the Teaching English Volunteer Program in Bali
Bali is a highly sought after travel destination, and for plenty of good reasons. There are pristine beaches, beautiful volcanic landscapes, thousands of ancient temples, colorful rituals and traditions, and some of the most friendly local people.
Although Bali is a paradisiac island for outsiders, for many locals it’s an island of pain. Due to corruption and the poor management of finances, the billions of dollars produced by tourism are not distributed evenly or distributed at all. The rich became richer every year, while throughout the island on the very slopes of Mounts Agung and Abang many families live without access to the most basic needs: health, water, food and sanitation. Parents know the only way out of poverty is education, but they simply cannot afford to send their kids to school or to pay for language tuition. Only volunteers have the power to give these children tools to make their future a brighter place.
By volunteering overseas teaching English in Bali, you can explore this culturally and naturally rich province of Indonesia while giving back to the local community through education. It’s easy to see them smile, just explore their homeland, share your language skills and volunteer overseas teaching English in Bali.
Thousands of curious travellers visit Bali every month making tourism a great source of income and a way of feeding and sustaining Balinese families. The key to connect locals with visitors is the lingua franca of tourism, English. What better way to help Balinese children than to teach them English while their are young? It will expand their cultural horizons first and increase their job prospects later.
Role of the Volunteer
The teaching English volunteer program in Bali is a life changing experience, for everyone involved. There is just something that changes when we watch others learning words we have been using all our lives and make friends they would not otherwise. The best part of teaching English abroad? You are the teacher! There is something you can share, a skill you took for granted all your life. You might enjoy it so much, it may be hard to stop doing it afterwards. Who knows who you might inspire? Creating bridges of communication can only bring down walls of isolation and make the world a better place. Be part of of it.
As an English volunteer teacher in Bali, you will teach local Balinese children how to read, how to write, how to think in a different language and how to communicate their thoughts verbally. Each class is unique. Your role as a volunteer teacher will vary depending on your skills, experience and the needs of the school.
Skills and Qualifications
To be part of this volunteer abroad program teaching English in Bali, there are no specific skills or qualification required. You just need to want to share your knowledge of English with others, and, of course, to be a proficient speaker. Being open-minded, flexible, patient, and compassionate towards others will also help. A good teacher, is a mentor, a role model, friend and someone who puts their students at easy, comfortable to ask questions.
- Teaching English in Rural Schools-Argentina
- Teaching English in Brazil
- Teach English in Rural Schools-Cambodia
- Volunteer Teaching English-China
- Paid Teaching in China
- Teaching English-san jose-Costa Rica
- Teaching Project-Puntarenas/Guanacaste-Costa Rica
- Teach English in Rural and Urban Schools-Ecuador
- Teach English in Rural Schools (Accra, Kumasi, Abor, Hohoe & Vakp)-Ghana
- Volunteer Teaching English (Antigua)-Guatemala
- Teach English in Rural Schools (Quetzaltenango/Xela)-Guatemala
- Teaching English (Delhi, Jaipur)-India
- Teach English project (Palampur, Dharamsala)-India
- Teaching English in Rural Schools (Nairobi, Maasai Land)-Kenya
- Teaching English (in and around Melaque)-Mexico
- Teaching English in Rural Schools (Kathmandu, Chitwan and Pokhara)-Nepal
- Teach English in local rural school (Lukla, Khumbu Mt. Everest region)-Nepal
- Teach English in Rural Schools (Cusco)-Peru
- Teaching in South Africa project (Cape Town)-South Africa
- Teach English (Galle)-Sri Lanka
- Teaching English (Arusha, Moshi)-Tanzania
- Teaching English Project (Surin)-Thailand
- Teaching English Project (Ayutthaya)-Thailand
- Teach English in Rural (Kampala)-Uganda