Volunteer To Teach Computer Skills In Tanzania !
Share your teaching skills and compassion with needy children and help strengthen their future and confidence
- Explore and learn about the education system of Tanzania first hand
- Work with the underprivileged children who attend government schools
- Explore temples, try typical food, and experience the welcoming embrace of India
- Join the most affordable programs starting at $175 & trusted by over 22,000 since 2006
- Cooperate with the volunteer organization making a change, every day!
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of the poor need and underprivileged? IFRE has the best volunteering program which involves teaching computer skills, and it’s a very competitive price too:
Is teaching your passion? Do you have a naturally kind, giving and helpful, nature, and want to help the needy and impoverished improve their lives? Are you looking for an opportunity to share your teaching computer skills in Tanzania?
- Affordable travel and volunteer opportunity; just $ 175 a week
- An excellent way to share your specialized skills with those who will greatly benefit from them
- Volunteer on a trusted and reputable program through IFRE
- Constant support to ensure both your safety and satisfaction
Tanzania is a poverty stricken country reeling under the weight of poverty. Families appreciate the importance of learning, but many can’t afford to provide food for their children every day, never mind send them to school. There is a real need to help those kids who don’t have the chance to go to school to learn various subjects, as well as computer skills, which are pretty much essential in the modern era. You can make that defining difference in their lives by being an agent of change, for a change. As a teach computer literacy in Tanzania volunteer you will help the poorest children by both tutoring them, and teaching a computer skills program designed to suit their age, interest, and ability.
Your role as a volunteer would be to help the children learn computer skills in Tanzania; and then you will guide them as they practice and develop their skills. You will also continuously monitor their progress, and figure out any problems they have related to grasping these computer skills. This is a meaningful way to give back to a community in need, and also an opportunity to explore a vibrant and interesting new culture and country.
Role of Volunteer
As a volunteer in Tanzania, you will be involved in teaching computer skills, to students, aged between 5- 12 years, in groups matched by age and ability. You will act as a volunteering agent of change for a change, making a difference to their future way of life and understanding. You will be regularly mentoring the children in the schools, assisting them in acquiring the necessary computer skills that they deserve. Your daily volunteering computer teaching skills in Tanzania workload will include:
- Teaching children basic computer skills
- Teaching teacher and children how to use Word
- Demonstrating how to use Excel
- Helping develop databases (volunteers with advanced skills)
- Working as a primary teacher and or teacher’s aide
- Assisting school administrators with daily tasks
Skills and Qualifications Needed
There are no specific qualifications required to be a volunteer teacher of computer skills in Tanzania, the only thing you must have is a huge passionate heart, and the belief that these poor and needy children have the right to learn. However, it is desirable that you have at least some basic English language skills to help you communicate, and get to know your students better. This will definitely enhance and empower your volunteering experience.
While you are a volunteer teaching computer skills in Tanzania, you should feel comfortable with the children, and enjoy being around with them all the time. For you to be a successful volunteer in Tanzania you should be a role model for them, inspire them to be creative and responsible, and along with teaching computer skills let them know that being patient and resourceful will help make them learned and responsible citizens of tomorrow.
These last six weeks of volunteering have been a truly amazing and life-changing & very wonderful experience for me.
I had an excellent time, better than I ever could have imagined. Other volunteers were so nice and willing to help.
- Vermont, USA
I had a wonderful experience. I had the opportunity to teach children of all different ages.I am sad to leave!
My volunteer experience with IFRE has been unforgettable. It has opened my mind & heart. Staffs were very helpful.