Medical Internship Opportunities Around the World
Help disadvantaged people access quality healthcare by joining an
Affordable Volunteer Abroad Program
- Share your compassion and medical skills with the disadvantaged to change lives for the better.
- Join one of the most affordable programs - trusted by over 22,000 since 2006
- Choose your favorite program – we offer the most affordable volunteer fees you will find anywhere
- Work alongside others who treat the patients marginalized from health care, and share your vision of a better world for all.
- Enjoy traveling with a purpose – experience the joy which rewards selfless volunteering.
If you are looking for valuable hands-on medical experience, these internships are great opportunities.
The local hospitals which are located in the outer city areas and villages urgently need interns. You will spend the majority of your time learning as an assistant to the main doctor. Work responsibilities vary with your education, skill and experience.
Interns interested in joining the medical/health internship program must possess health care certification, such as an ID as a medical student, EMT or paramedic certification, or nursing or physician's credentials.
Medical interns without credentials are not allowed to work in this program because of the potential risk. The hospitals require a copy of your resume, clearly stating credentials and education, before your arrival to the project.
Medical Internships are currently offered in the following locations:
- Medical Internship in India
- Medical Internship in Ghana
- Medical/Healthcare Projects in Kenya
- Medical/Healthcare Project in Uganda
- Work in a Medical/Healthcare Project in Costa Rica
- Work in Public Health
- Work in a Medical/Healthcare Project in Ecuador
- Work in a Medical/Healthcare/Hospital Project in Guatemala
- Work in a Medical/Healthcare Project in Peru
These last six weeks of volunteering have been a truly amazing and life-changing & very wonderful experience for me.
I had an excellent time, better than I ever could have imagined. Other volunteers were so nice and willing to help.
- Vermont, USA
I had a wonderful experience. I had the opportunity to teach children of all different ages.I am sad to leave!
My volunteer experience with IFRE has been unforgettable. It has opened my mind & heart. Staffs were very helpful.