Overview of the Children Volunteer Project in Bali
Despite all its beauty, over 160 000 Balinese live below the poverty line. Hundreds of families suffer the consequences of corruption and poverty. Many parents never attended school or learned how to read or write, and the trend continues as they cannot afford to pay for childcare services or to send all their children to school. The future of these children depends on the many projects run by the local government organizations and NGOs. The only thing we need now are the volunteers’ helping hands to make sure these projects carry on running, and these children can get out of the poverty loop and have a brighter future.
While you volunteer with children in Bali, Balinese parents can go to work earn money to feed their families knowing their kids are in safe hands with people they trust. For families in the poverty loop, it’s too expensive to pay for someone to look after their children. So they either chose not to work or to leave their children unattended, and then the cycle gets worse. The way out of poverty is through education.
During your time off you will have lots of opportunities to explore Bali, its many temples, many beaches and to trek on the island or underwater. What an opportunity to let this unique island and its culture dazzle while you inspire their future generations. Your accommodation is located 10 to 20 minutes away from the project location walking. Meet the neighbours, walk around the block and be part of life in Bali.
Role of the Volunteer
There are numerous ways you can help as part of this volunteering opportunity to work with children in Bali. It all depends on your imagination, flexibility and creativity. Each children Project and day care center will have different specific needs and tasks such as teaching english, cleaning, cooking, and help feeding the children. Your tasks will depend on their center’s needs, and on your personal interests and skills. Essentially in all of them, you will act as a friend, someone who cares, teacher and a mentor.
Skills and Qualifications
To be part of this volunteering overseas program working with children in Bali, there are no specific formal skills or academic qualification required. Mainly you must want to help. Of course being patient, compassionate and warm are essential traits to work with children. You must really love children, to want to be there for them and to have plenty of energy to play with them.
- Children and Youth Outreach-Argentina
- Childcare Project in Brazil-Brazil
- Work in an Orphanage-Cambodia
- Working with kids-San Jose, Costa Rica
- Child Protective Services Project,Puntarenas/Guanacaste-Costa Rica
- Orphanage Project-Ecuador
- Work in Orphanage Projects (Accra, Kumasi, Abor, Hohoe & Vakpo-Ghana
- Work in an Orphanage (Antigua)-Guatemala
- Work in an Orphanage (Xela)-Guatemala
- Work in Orphanage (Delhi, Jaipur)-India
- Orphanage Work Project (Nairobi )-Kenya
- Work In an Orphanage-Mexico
- Work in Orphanage (Kathmandu, Chitwan and Pokhara)-Nepal
- Work in an Orphanage (Cusco)-Peru
- Orphanage in South Africa project (Cape Town)-South Africa
- Work in an Orphanage (Galle)-Sri Lanka
- Work in an Orphanage (Arusha, Moshi)-Tanzania
- Childcare Volunteer (Surin)-Thailand
- Childcare/Child Development (Ayutthaya)-Thailand
- Orphanage Project (Kampala)-Uganda