What’s Included in Program Fee
- Food: IFRE Volunteers offers 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner). We offer locally available, fresh and nutritious food from start to end day of the project.
- Accommodation: Depending upon the volunteers' particular country, location, time of year and situation, volunteers will either stay with a host family, within a hostel or within a home base. We offer simple but clean, comfortable living spaces. Volunteers will stay either in a single or shared room depending on the host situation and peak versus off-peak seasons. Volunteers need to bring their own sleeping bags and other accessories.
- Emergency Hotline - 24/7/365 Assistance Services (provided by CSA Travel Protection)
Assistance Services are amazing things, and those provided by CSA Travel Protection are the best there is. Just think, 24 hours a day there are highly qualified and dedicated people to answer your phone call. You can call them toll free from anywhere in the world and they will help you with just about anything.
- 24-hour medical assistance
- Medical evacuation assistance
- Legal assistance
- Emergency Medical Payments
- Telephone Interpretation service
- Lost documents assistance
- 24 hour emergency travel assistance (change tickets, book cars, hostels and hotels)
- Concierge services (book events & restaurants, airport transfers, even send a bunch of flowers!)
- Airport Welcome: Upon the receipt of your flight information, our in-country coordinator or other project staff will greet you the volunteers in the airport and take you to your project site. The address and telephone number of the local contact hotel will be given before departure just in case volunteers miss our representative in the airport. Please make sure to e-mail your flight information to both the USA office and the local in-country coordinator's office.
- In-country transportation: IFRE Volunteers manages one-way transportation to project. Volunteers will be responsible for their own personal and return travel. We do not cover daily transportation from host family/hotel to the project. Volunteers will be responsible for their personal and return travel. Our program is designed to save you the volunteer as much as possible. Rarely, a few do request an escort back to the airport; this is an extra expense of about $75. Most are very familiar and comfortable with their stay and have great ease taking their own taxi or bus back to the airport.
- Support from the in-country coordinator: From the very beginning to the end of the project, IFRE Volunteer's in-country coordinator will help volunteers by supporting them with regular personal visits, telephone or e-mail.
- Thoroughly researched and personalized projects: IFRE Volunteers offers the best projects that focus on matching the interests, skills and experiences of volunteers with their volunteer humanitarian work. Our caring, experienced, local in-country coordinator networks on your behalf and explores the best local organizations and handpicks the perfect program for each volunteer. Volunteers will receive before departure detailed information of their project including your volunteer work program, living arrangements and food.
- SAFE Volunteer Placement. We will strive to place you in a safe humanitarian volunteer work placement. You will be able to do good works for those most in need; thus, you will make this world a better place.
- Pre-departure information: IFRE Volunteer's comprehensive pre-departure booklet offers detailed information on issues that will concern volunteers, such as health, safety and culture shock.
- Volunteer Care and Other Services: IFRE Volunteer's staff in the USA and abroad are always willing to support volunteers by answering all of the volunteers' questions and providing the best advice on fundraising and other issues, like health, culture, excursions, travel, passport and visa, safety and special events.
- Emergency support: If you need, IFRE Volunteers will provide you with 2-3 mobile telephone numbers of the USA staffs and local staffs for emergency support (these numbers are available for use at all times—24/7. Volunteers will also get contact details to pass along to your family before departure. Please let us know if you need the mobile numbers of our USA staffs
- $100 discount: all IFRE Volunteers will be eligible for $100 discount in their program fee if they decided to take future volunteer abroad trip with IFRE Volunteers.
- Certificate of Appreciation/Completion: once you complete you volunteer project, we will give you a certification of appreciation, an accomplished and important addition for your professional resume.
- Fund Raising Ideas: Many IFRE Volunteers successfully raise fund for their volunteer abroad trip. We would be glad to supply you with an effective donation letter from the organization for your self-fundraising.